Our life is full of ups and downs which can hit us at any point in time. There are a number of situations in life where one is deeply grieved due to the happening of some or the other events that are absolutely unwanted in nature.
Now if this particular comes in the life of a close friend of yours, you would definitely want to help. To get a better idea about the stages of helping the friend experiencing grief, you can take the help of books about grief.
You Need to Acknowledge it
- First of all, you need to acknowledge the grief which is referred to as the starting stage of helping the grieved individual.
- A simple acknowledgment of the grief can be extremely comforting for the affected person.
Say Something That You Mean
- When you are helping your friend, you should be helping from the bottom of your heart.
- You should say only those words to the friend which you really mean and no fake words.
Listening is Important
- A grieved friend might have a lot to say, and you should be prepared for it.
- You must listen to your friend as long as the friend wants you to listen to.
Do Something That You Actually Said You Would
- When you have told you, friend, that you will do something for him or her, you should necessarily do it at any cost.
- If the friend begins to trust you, you should make sure that you are able to keep that trust.